Elysium Elysium

I think you've peaked

etherealwinds responds:

does that mean i'll never do better? :(

It Will Blow Over It Will Blow Over

Through this whole contest I've never been able to learn what your usual style is lol. The use of autotune is interesting. Interesting I mean it's so over the top obvious that it's not distasteful. I wonder how it would've sounded if you used midi input to pitch the notes instead of using a pitcher plugin or something. I only ask because that would maybe change the desired effect.

Cool work though.

McGorilla42 responds:

I'm not totally sure that I have set style that I work in or what it'd be defined as. The first three songs of the competition are in a style that I used to write in primarily, but moved away from in the last year or two. I think that what I really would've liked on this track would be vocoded vocals, but I haven't had a chance to figure out how to get that working! I guess that's sort of similar to what you describe with using midi input to pitch the vocals?

Thanks for listening, Spadezer! :)

The Fall The Fall

Just popped in. Man this is sweet. It's so full and diverse I can't really tell who's influencing the style the most. Good luck.

johnfn responds:

ty spadezer :D

Star carrier Star carrier

I have to say, I would feel bad if I didn't come back here and thanking you for the artwork used in AIM. It's a very unique style, but nonetheless inspirational.