Dreamworld Dreamworld

That sounds like Johnfn melodies.

This is pretty great to listen to though.

ethansight responds:

That's... very true and a good thing..?

XD why thank you.

Elysium Elysium

I think you've peaked

etherealwinds responds:

does that mean i'll never do better? :(

It Will Blow Over It Will Blow Over

Through this whole contest I've never been able to learn what your usual style is lol. The use of autotune is interesting. Interesting I mean it's so over the top obvious that it's not distasteful. I wonder how it would've sounded if you used midi input to pitch the notes instead of using a pitcher plugin or something. I only ask because that would maybe change the desired effect.

Cool work though.

McGorilla42 responds:

I'm not totally sure that I have set style that I work in or what it'd be defined as. The first three songs of the competition are in a style that I used to write in primarily, but moved away from in the last year or two. I think that what I really would've liked on this track would be vocoded vocals, but I haven't had a chance to figure out how to get that working! I guess that's sort of similar to what you describe with using midi input to pitch the vocals?

Thanks for listening, Spadezer! :)

The Fall The Fall

Just popped in. Man this is sweet. It's so full and diverse I can't really tell who's influencing the style the most. Good luck.

johnfn responds:

ty spadezer :D

Smoking Man Smoking Man

I enjoyed watching this progress

Adjeye responds:

;) I can always build on your feedback :)

flux flux

It's catchy and it's got the right synths, but what's missing is the atmosphere. It doesn't have that full and delicate feel.

Doesn't sound bad though. I figured I'd leave a review for you since thi's was empty lol.

BlueOceans responds:

I can agree with that, thanks!

Gladiolus Gladiolus

Probably the song in this round with the fewest number of instruments, and it still sounds full. Nice!

Lovely voices

etherealwinds responds:

Thank you Spadez! I think it was a bit of a risk this round, as tracks with few instruments tend to not to do so well in the NGADM. I knew that perhaps it could leave judges feeling a little left wanting. With this track, I felt that if I was going to muddy the piano arrangement with anything, I'd have to take it to full orchestra.

That being said, I wasn't really worrying about what I can add to try and impress anybody, or thinking about what could get me extra points. I just wanted to create something beautiful and I put just as much effort into this as I did with my tracks that have more going on. :)

My Firefly My Firefly

It's so happy. But this is definitely the Johnfn feel and it's actually the opposite of sad. lol

Good luck

johnfn responds:

thanks spadezer!! hey but uh who said this song was sad =P

Invisible Magic Invisible Magic

This is fantastic!

I don't agree with Johnfn actually. The beginning is completely necessary especially considering the lyrics. I love your voice.

I do think I see what other people are saying with it missing something. I think it's not big enough when it comes to the chorus. Like there needs to be more desperation and near shouting levels and pitches. But that's just my opinion.

Great work and good luck

FinnMK responds:

That I'm getting comments agreeing on certain aspects is super useful; definitely lets me know I missed something. If I make it through, next round's track won't make the same mistakes...

Thanks!

g o o d t h i n g g o o d t h i n g

01:54 made me laugh